WHAT WE BELIEVE
1. We believe in the TRI-UNE GOD, GOD the FATHER, GOD the SON, and GOD the HOLY SPIRIT. The Lord our God is one God, eternally existing in three equally divine Persons. Our one true living God is infinitely perfect both in His love and in His holiness. Our God is the Creator of all things and is in control of all things, in the heavens and here on earth. Our God sovereignly reigns and providentially brings about His eternal good to redeem man for Himself and restore His fallen creation according to His good and perfect will.
(Genesis 1:26, 3:22, Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 28:19, 2Corinthians 13:14, Colossians 1:15, Romans 8:9)
2. We believe in the WORD OF GOD, the HOLY BIBLE, from beginning to end as the infallible truth of God’s message to humanity. The Bible reveals to us God’s love, wisdom, justice, instruction, correction, will, power, redemption, and revelation. Scripture has revealed that God has shown Himself to our fallen world through His only, perfect Son, Jesus Christ, the incarnate Word (the word made flesh). God graciously disclosed Himself in human words as He inspired men to record: His creation of all things; the fall of humanity as sin entered the world; the promise of His salvation to rescue and redeem man to Himself; the life, death, and resurrection of His perfect Son, Jesus; the promise of a new life for believers; the life of the church; and the restoration of all things following the return of Christ and the judgement of God. The sixty-six books of the Bible are the divinely written expression of God’s revelation to man and is authoritative as being sufficient for all that God requires us to believe and do. Within the scriptures of both the old and new testaments we are to learn of sin, obedience, justification, redemption, and sanctification, which all points to Christ, it is through the true-life stories such as the giving of the law (10 commandments) or the sermon on the mount that we are able to be equipped for godly living and discipleship.
(Exodus 20:1-17, Matthew 5:17-22, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, John 1:1-2)
3. We believe that GOD IS LOVE and He demonstrated that Love by sacrificing His perfect Son Jesus Christ to be the atonement for our sins. As Christian believers we are to love Christ, remember Christ, worship Christ, and live for Christ; who is God’s perfect Son, Jesus.
(1 John 4:7-8, 1 John 2:2, Acts 16:31, John 3:16)
4. We believe that SALVATION can only come through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. This is God’s gift to us as undeserving, fallen, sinners. By faith through believing and surrendering our lives unto Him, we are justified receiving God’s saving grace. We must confess and repent of our sins and accept Jesus Christ as Our Lord and Savior. The promise of Christ is that through this we shall receive the Holy Spirit into our lives. Regenerate believers acknowledge that His Spirit dwells within us as our Comforter, and our Helper, and our source of everything that is good and Holy as unto the Lord. The Holy Spirit helps us to live lives that are pleasing to God and to fulfill His Will in accomplishing the works He sets before us. The Holy Spirit also reminds us of the life, death, resurrection, and teachings of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Holy Spirit gives us the ability to do all that God desires as we glorify Him through worship, evangelism, and discipling others. In love we continue the ministry of Jesus Christ as His Spirit is indwelt in us as the redeemed of the Lord. (John 3, Ephesians 2:8-9, Romans 5:8-9, 1Peter 2:24, John 14:25-26, Matthew 28:19-20, Romans 8:9, 1Corinthians 13)
5. We believe in WATER BAPTISM and observing the LORD’S SUPPER (Communion). Water Baptism is the public, Holy demonstration of coming to faith. This ordinance displays the self-surrendering of man dying to himself and becoming born-again in Christ. Through baptism new believers also identify with the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
The Lord’s Supper or Communion helps bring to remembrance what Jesus Christ has done for us and is to be practiced by affirmed believers, this ordinance as commanded by Christ allows us to observe the body and the blood of Jesus which was sacrificed for our sins as being the only possible means (the atonement) for our redemption. Communion also allows us to reflect upon our own spiritual lives as to recognize our faithfulness and commitment to God. We are to observe and practice these ordinances with fellow members of the church.
(1 Corinthians 12:12-14, Ephesians 4:4-6, Matthew 28:19, Romans 6:3-7, 8:16, 1Corinthians 11:23-26)
6. We believe in FULLFILLING THE DESIRE OF GOD’S HEART, which is to Love Him and to Love one another and to be His witnesses by sharing His True love according to His Spirit and His Word working in us. As His disciples we are to demonstrate to the world that we belong to Him through our love, our words and our actions.
(Deuteronomy 6:5, Luke 10:27, John 13:34-35, John 15:12, 1 John 4:7-8)
7. We believe in the CHURCH as the body of Christ. The church is to be a people and not a place. Within the church there must be unity and all members are to be considered vital and have important roles. As the church the Holy Spirit works through each of us according to God's will. As members of the church we are to worship, learn and grow through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word, sing songs that glorify God and edify one another, celebrate the ordinances of communion and baptism, witness by sharing the gospel, help to raise disciples, and are to serve, support, and give as made evident in scripture.
(Matthew 16:13-20, Acts 2:42, Ephesians 4, Romans 12:10, Romans 15:14, 1 Thessalonians 5:11, 1 John 3:11, 1 Corinthians 12, Philippians 2:2-4)
8. We believe in the FAMILY UNIT as ordained by God, marriage is to be sacred and honored, between one man and one woman and is to be a lifelong covenant according to God’s word. We believe in the Sanctity of Human Life and that children are God’s gift to be raised in His Love according to his Word, and that family is to be cherished and honored and is to exemplify Christ in each of us.
(Genesis 2:18-24, Ephesians 5:22-33, Proverbs 22:6, Ephesians 6:1-4)
9. We believe in the GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. The gospel is the good news of Jesus Christ-God’s very wisdom. This good news is Christological, centering on the cross and resurrection of Jesus as being central to Christianity. The gospel is theologically sound, biblically correct, and necessary for salvation. As members of the church we are always to remain gospel centered in: daily living; corporate gatherings; evangelism and missions; the study, preaching and teaching of God’s Word; and ministry. The gospel remains to be the key to Christianity.
(John 3:17,18; 14:19, Romans 1:16, 4:22-25, 8:3-4, 1Corinthians 15:3-6, Hebrews 10:5-10,
10. We believe in BEING REAL FOR JESUS, to worship Him sincerely, and to Love Him, love others, and to obey His commands.
(Acts 11:26, Ephesians 5:1-2, Romans 12:9, Psalm 97:10, 1 Timothy 1:5, John 14:15, John 14:23-24, James 1:22, 1 Corinthians 13)